Sunday, September 9, 2012

How I spent my summer vacation




For the Catholic News Herald, links on here abound:

14 stories (two are sidebars) not separate, six pics. That does not include the two preview stories I did in advance of the DNC.

Also for the Catholic News Herald of Charlotte, N.C.
Three nights, live tweets including the following TwitPics
  • Fr. Schmidt picture.
  • Fr. Schmidt, video
  • Stupak Pic
  • Nosebleeds pic.
  • Nosebleeds 2 pic
  • Sebelius pic
  • Joaquin Castro pic
  • Julian Castro talks about grandmother video
  • FLOTUS pic
  • FLOTUS video
  • Street singers video
  • Polar bear video interview video
  • Short DNC entertainment video
  • Clinton "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" overheard video

Seven pics, seven videos to Twitpic
With the exception of the greeted, greeters story and most of the No papers no fear article, all of the above was done over three days. The polar bear twitpic/story kind of overlap. The picture for the story was lifted from the video. That was the most fun interview.

Also,
DNC story on Gilda Cobb-Hunter for The Times & Democrat of Orangeburg, picture of her. I also later submitted a kind of standalone picture of the Orangeburg County state Senator, John Matthews, riding on the light rail up to the convention.
Also, they used my story, quoting me and not the story, as the guts of an editorial So that's two story items (only one I can get paid for) and two pics for Orangeburg.
I wrote a feature for The Lancaster News/Carolina Gateway and sent two pictures.
The Fort Mill Times was doing a story on the same person. I sent them another pic of the same woman.
I sent a story, which the Fort Mill Times might use, to the SCNewsExchange website and put up six DNC pictures for the SCPA.
18 pictures, seven videos, 18 stories, with the exception of the two preview, over the course of three days.
In the words originated by the incredible Jack Donaghy, "I need a vacation from my vacation."
Still, a productive effort for a guy who actually didn't get around very fast.
The damage from it? Well, in the downpour that came on Thursday, I was stuck outside, ON the phone, so my cell phone got killed. And my feet still ache a bit.

No comments: